Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time for Doctors

Since Joseph has some time off work...and we have insurance until the end of the month, we've been going to doctors. Andrew went to a pediatric GI specialist yesterday. The doctor was great and I felt really good about the things he had to say. Andrew's weight is right on for his height...his height is the problem. He ordered some blood work and a bone age x-ray. Yesterday afternoon Joseph and Brandon went to the oral surgeon for Joseph's wisdom teeth extraction consult (he gets 2 out in a few weeks) while Andrew and I went to the radiologist. They did one quick picture of his hand and wrist to figure out his bone age. Andrew was SO good and wanted to take more x-rays. This morning we took him to get his blood work taken care of. Once again he was super. I held him on my lap and they stuck the needle in. He didn't flinch or cry at all! He sat so still while they took 4 or 5 vials of blood. It was going kind of slow so one lady was squeezing his arm while the other lady moved the needle around. I wanted to cry for him...he was eerily calm. We picked up the results from the x-ray...his bone age is 1 yr...I'm assuming that is why he is the size of a 1yr old.... I'll call the doctor on Friday to figure out what all this means...but I think it is good. (Sorry for all that. I'll just post pictures from now on. :) )

4 comments:

The Drussel Family said...

That is great that the doctors are getting to the bottom of Andrew's problem.

Karrissa Winward said...

I am interested to see what the younger bone age and size means, hmmm.... Keep us updated and glad you can get these things done while you still have insurance.

Kara said...

I hope you find out some good things for Andrew. I'm so sorry to hear about Joseph's job too...just know you're in my prayers and please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Amy said...

Dont' just post pictures! I like to hear what's going on, too! Hope things work out with Andrew. It brings back memories....that's for sure!